Our Service

U.S. Fiancé (K-1) Visa Expert Attorney

Love knows no bounds, and neither does the U.S. immigration process. Unfortunately, even the slightest misstep in the visa application process can lead to heartache and delays in your relationship. Olubusayo Fasidi is an experienced U.S. immigration attorney who specializes in helping foreign citizens to obtain fiancé (e) visas (also known as K-1 visas). Ms. Fasidi understands the ins and outs of the visa application process and can help you navigate the process as smoothly as possible. Whether you’re just starting to plan your wedding or you’ve already tied the knot, our law office can help you every step of the way.

What is a Fiancé (e) Visa?

A fiancé visa is a nonimmigrant visa that allows the foreign-citizen fiancé of a U.S. citizen to enter the United States for the purpose of getting married. Once the marriage occurs, the foreign-citizen spouse can apply for permanent residence (a green card).

How Does the Fiancé (e) Visa Process Work?

The first step in the process is for the U.S. citizen to file a petition with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). Once USCIS approves the petition, it is forwarded to the U.S. Department of State’s National Visa Center (NVC). The NVC will then send the petition to the U.S. embassy or consulate where the foreign-citizen fiancé lives.
The foreign-citizen fiancé will then need to attend an interview at the U.S. embassy or consulate, at which time he or she will need to present evidence that the relationship is genuine and that there are no legal impediments to the marriage. If the visa is approved, the foreign-citizen fiancé will be issued a visa and allowed to enter the United States. The marriage must then take place within 90 days of arrival in the United States.

What Are the Requirements for a Fiancé (e) Visa?

To qualify for a fiancé visa, the following requirements must be met:

  • The U.S. citizen petitioner must be at least 21 years of age;
  • The U.S. citizen petitioner and the foreign-citizen fiancé must be free to marry;
  • The U.S. citizen petitioner and the foreign-citizen fiancé must have physically met each other in person within the past two years, unless certain exceptions apply; and
  • The U.S. citizen petitioner must demonstrate that he or she has the financial means to support the foreign-citizen fiancé in the United States.

What Are the Benefits of a Fiancé (e) Visa?

There are many benefits to obtaining a fiancé visa, including:

  • Allowing you to be together in the United States while you prepare for your wedding;
  • Giving you time to get to know each other better before getting married;
  • Allowing you to avoid the hassle and expense of traveling back and forth between your home countries; and
  • Giving you the peace of mind of knowing that you are legally allowed to be in the United States.

What Are the Costs Associated with a Fiancé Visa?

A fiancé visa petition costs $535, which must be paid to USCIS when the petition is filed. In addition, a visa application fee must be paid by the foreign-citizen fiancé when he or she attends the visa interview at the U.S. embassy or consulate.

How Can a K-1 Visa Attorney Help?

A K-1 visa attorney can help you navigate the complex and often confusing process of applying for a K-1 visa. The immigration law office of Olubusayo Fasidi will:

  • Help you gather the required documentation:
    Including proof of your relationship with your fiancé and evidence of your intent to marry.
  • Prepare for the interview with the consular officer:
    Ensure you are familiar with the process and have all the necessary documents.
  • Provide guidance throughout the process:
    Ensuring that you understand each step of the process and what is required of you.
  • Help you avoid avoidable delays: Time is of the essence when applying for a fiancé visa. The immigration law office of Olubusayo Fasidi PC can help you avoid common mistakes that can cause delays in the process.
  • Help you petition for your children: If you have children who are under the age of 21 and unmarried, they may be eligible to accompany you to the United States on a K-2 visa. Our expert immigration law team can help you file a petition for your children.
  • Advise you on the next steps after marriage:
    Once you are married, you will need to take additional steps to adjust your status and obtain a green card. We can also help you with this process.
  • Represent you in any removal proceedings:
    If your fiancé is placed in removal proceedings, the immigration law office of Olubusayo Fasidi PC can help. We have a wealth of experience in representing clients in removal proceedings and can help you navigate this complex process.
  • Walk with you through any other immigration issues you may have:
    Sometimes, couples encounter problems after marriage. If you have any other immigration-related issues, the immigration law office of Olubusayo Fasidi PC can help.

Talk to a Fiancé (K-1) Immigration Visa Lawyer Today

Raise your chances of success in getting a fiancé visa by talking with an immigration attorney. Olubusayo Fasidi is an experienced immigration lawyer who can help you understand your options and take the best steps to secure a fiancé visa for your loved one. Call us at +1 281 903 4473 or contact us online to set up a consultation.

You don’t need to navigate this intricate journey alone. Reach out to us today and allow us to guide you



Hear From People That Have Benefited
From Our Unique Services.

Memberships and Affiliations

counts that matter